All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionA step-by-step guide to learn how to set up security on Linux servers by taking SELinux policies into your own hands. Linux administrators will enjoy the various SELinux features that this book covers and the approach used to guide the admin into understanding how SELinux works. The book assumes that you have basic kwledge in Linux administration, especially Linux permission and user management.
- Author BiographySven Vermeulen is a long term contributor to various free software projects and the author of various online guides and resources. He got his fi rst taste of free software in 1997 and never looked back since then. In 2003, he joined the ranks of the Gentoo Linux project as a documentation developer and has crossed several roles after that, including Gentoo Foundation's trustee, council member, project leads for documentation, and (his current role) project lead for Gentoo Hardened's SELinux integration. In this time frame, he has gained expertise in several technologies, ranging from operating system level knowledge to application servers as he used his interest in security to guide his projects further: security guides using SCAP languages, mandatory access controls through SELinux, authentication with PAM, (application) fi rewalling, and more. On SELinux, he has contributed several policies to the reference policy project and participates actively in policy development and user space development projects. Sven is an IT infrastructure architect working at a European fi nancial institution. Secured implementation of infrastructure (and the surrounding architectural integration) is of course an important part of this. Prior to this, he graduated with an MSc in Computer Engineering at the University of Ghent and then worked as a web application infrastructure engineer with IBM WebSphere AS. Sven is the main author of Gentoo's Handbook which covers the installation and confi guration of Gentoo Linux on several architectures. He also authored the Linux Sea online publication, which is a gentle introduction to Linux for novice system administrators.
- Author(s)Sven Vermeulen
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication11/10/2013
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight221 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.