All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionSQL Server 2012 developers bible for achieving success in database programming and database design. Relational database design and SQL (Structured Query Language) programming teach-by-practical-diagrams-&-examples book for developers, programmers, systems analysts and project managers who are new to relational database and client/server techlogies. Also for database developers, database designers and database administrators (DBA), who kw some SQL programming and database design, and who wish to refresh & expand their RDBMS design & development techlogy horizons. The book covers all topics for exam 70-461. Familiarity with at least one computer programming language, Windows file system & Excel is assumed. Since the book is career advancement oriented, it has a great number of 3NF database design examples with metadata explanations along with practical SQL queries (over 1,500 SELECT queries) and T-SQL scripts, plenty to learn indeed. Great emphasis is placed on explaining the FOREIGN KEY - PRIMARY KEY constraints among tables, the connections which make the collection of individual tables a database. The database diagrams and queries are based on historic and current SQL Server sample databases: pubs (PRIMARY KEYs 9, FOREIGN KEYs 10), Northwind (PRIMARY KEYs 13, FOREIGN KEYs 13) and the latest AdventureWorks series. Among them: AdventureWorks, AdventureWorks2008, AdventureWorks2012 (PRIMARY KEYs 71, FOREIGN KEYs 90), & AdventureWorksDW2012 (PRIMARY KEYs 27, FOREIGN KEYs 44). The last one is a data warehouse database which is the basis for multi-dimensional OLAP cubes. Sample databases installation instructions are included. The book teaches through vivid database diagrams and T-SQL queries how to think in terms of sets at a very high level, focusing on set-based operations instead of loops like in procedural programming languages. There is a chapter dedicated to the new programming features of SQL Server 2012 and XML. The best way to master T-SQL programming is to type the query in your own SQL Server Management Studio Query Editor, test it, examine it, change it and study it. Wouldn't it be easier just to copy & paste it? It would, but the learning value would diminish rapidly. You need to feel relational database design and the SQL language in your DNA. SQL queries must pour out from your fingers into the keyboard. Why is kwing SQL queries by heart so important? After all everything can be found on the web so why t just copy & paste? Well t exactly. If you want to be an database designer & development expert, it has to be in your head t on the web. Second, when your supervisor is looking over your shoulder, Charlie, can you tell me what is the total revenue for March?, you have to be able to type the query without documentation or SQL forum search and provide the results to your superior promptly. The book was designed to be readable in any environment, even on the beach laptop around or laptop in sight at all. All queries are followed by results row count and /or full/partial results listing in tabular (grid) format. Screenshots are used when dealing with GUI tools such as SQL Server Management Studio. SQL Server 2012 installation instructions with screenshots are included. Mastery of the database design & SQL programming book likely to be sufficient for career advancement as a database designer and database developer.
- Author BiographyKalman Toth has been working with relational database technology since 1990 . His relational database career since then includes database design, database development, database administration, OLAP architecture and Business Intelligence development. Applications included enterprise-level general ledger & financial accounting, bond funds auditing, stock market feeds processing, broker-dealer firm risk management, derivative instruments analytics, consumer ecommerce database management for online dating, personal finance, physical fitness, diet and health. He has designed over 20 databases. His MSDN forum participation in the Transact-SQL and SQL Server Tools was rewarded with the Microsoft Community Contributor award in 2011 and 2012. Kalman has a Master of Arts degree in Physics from Columbia University and a Master of Philosophy degree in Computing Science also from. Accessibility: @dbdesign1 at Twitter; http: //twitter.com/dbdesign1, http: //twitter.com/sqlusa, http: //www.sqlusa.com/contact2005/.
- Author(s)Kalman Toth
- Date of Publication10/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1438 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.