All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn the turbulent times of the post-World War One era, new political parties emerged frequently in Germany, many with opposing extremist policies. The Communist movement grew out of the Socialist working classes using the Russian Bolshevik Party as a template. In direct opposition, the new National Socialist German Workers Party under the leadership of Adolf Hitler, occupied the extreme right-wing position. Head on conflict was inevitable and both parties organised violent demonstrations against the other. Hitler recognised that he was physically vulnerable and ordered the formation of his own protection squad, made up of loyal men who would t shirk from a fight. From the rudimentary ranks of Hitler's select few grew the infant SS, a modern praetorian guard, which developed over the years into a massive and efficient military style force with tentacles spreading into all elements of everyday life in Nazi Germany. To administer this organisation, Hitler appointed leaders upon whom he could rely. Many names remain obscure, but this book highlights who they all were and how they appeared.
- Author BiographyMax Williams is a retired police officer with a strong fascination in history. He has spent many years collecting autographs, original images and information about personalities of the Third German Reich which he has built into a private archive. He is the author of a two volume pictorial biography of SS General Reinhard Heydrich and is often acknowledged as an expert on the SS organization and for assisting other authors with historical studies of Hitler's regime. He is married and lives with his wife and son in the London area.
- Author(s)Max Williams
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication15/07/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note1050 black and white photographs
- Weight1110 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.