All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do you create effective STEM classrooms that energize students, help them grow into creative thinkers and collaborators, and prepare them for their futures? This practical book from expert Anne Jolly has all the answers and tools you need to get started or enhance your current program. Based on the author's popular MiddleWeb blog of the same name, STEM by Design reveals the secrets to successful lessons in which students use science, math, and techlogy to solve real-world engineering design problems. You'll learn how to: * Select and adapt quality existing STEM lessons that present authentic problems, allow for creative approaches, and engage students in meaningful teamwork; * Create your own student-centered STEM lessons based on the Engineering Design Process; * Assess students' understanding of basic STEM concepts, their problem-solving abilities, and their level of engagement with the material; * Teach STEM in after-school programs to further build on concepts covered in class; * Empower girls to aspire to careers in STEM and break down the barriers of gender bias; * Tap into STEM's project-based learning style to attract and engage all students. Throughout this user-friendly book, you'll find design tools such as checklists, activities, and assessments to aid you in developing or adapting STEM lessons. These tools, as well as additional teacher resources, are also available as free downloads from the book's website, http://www.stem-by-design.com.
- Author BiographyAnne Jolly is a STEM consultant, MiddleWeb blogger, and online community organizer for the Center for Teaching Quality Collaboratory. She began her career as a middle school science teacher in Mobile, Alabama and has co-developed nationally recognized STEM curriculum with support from the National Science Foundation.
- Author(s)Anne Jolly
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white tables, 7 black & white halftones, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight332 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.