All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the project management body of kwledge is embraced by disciplines ranging from manufacturing and business to social services and healthcare, the application of efficient project management is of particularly high value in science, techlogy, and engineering undertakings. STEP Project Management: Guide for Science, Techlogy, and Engineering Projects presents an integrated, step-by-step approach to managing projects in these complex areas, using the time-tested concepts, tools, and techniques of the Project Management Body of Kwledge (PMBOK(R)). STEP is an acronym for Science, Techlogy, and Engineering Projects, and also serves as a mnemonic reference to the step-by-step approach of the book. This volume takes an approach that combines managerial, organizational, and quantitative techniques into a logical sequence of project implementation steps. The book begins by exploring the special methodology imperative for managing these types of sophisticated projects. It then delineates the major steps involved in project integration. The author discusses the management of scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, and procurement. Then, using a compelling case study that profiles the errors leading to the 1986 Challenger disaster, the book examines how flaws in decision-making, failure to consider all factors, lack of communication, and inappropriate priorities can lead to catastrophe. In today's fast-changing IT-based, competitive global market, success can be even more elusive and hard won. Effective project management in all facets of operations can give an enterprise the advantage it seeks. In this book, the author's direct writing style, designed to appeal to busy professionals, conveys the complex concepts of high-stakes project management in a simple, efficient manner. He provides a general framework that shows what needs to be done to manage complex projects, using steps that are flexible, expandable, and modifiable.
- Author BiographyAdedeji B. Badiru is a professor at the Air Force Institute of Technology in Dayton, Ohio.
- Author(s)Adedeji B. Badiru
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/04/2009
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleSystems Innovation Book Series
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note128 black & white illustrations, 80 black & white tables
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Series Edited byAdedeji B. Badiru
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.