STEP into Storytime: Using Storytime Effective Practice to Strengthen the Development of Newborns to Five-Year-Olds by Saroj Nadkarni Ghoting, Kathy Fling Klatt (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $114.99+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $116.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionStory Time Effective Practice (STEP), developed by the authors, is an approach that articulates the link between child development theory and story times. This important resource shows how presenters can use STEP to craft a story time that is effective for mixed-age groups and adheres to best practices for emotional, social, physical, and cognitive support. In this book, Ghoting and Klatt, both early literacy experts, <ul><li>Offer more than 30 complete ready-to-use story times appropriate for new-borns to children age 5, along with extension activities</li><li>Show how STEP relates to emotional, social, cognitive, and physical development</li><li>Explain how story time materials and activities directly connect to language and literacy development</li><li>Include preparation, planning, and performance tips, plus guidance for interacting with parents and caregivers</li><li>Provide lists of recommended additional resources, including organizations, websites, and sources for story time time activity ideas</li></ul>This book is a must-have guide for story time presenters, preschool teachers, child care providers, and parents of young children.
- Author Biography<strong>Saroj Nadkarni Ghoting</strong> has been a children's librarian for more than 35 years and is now an early childhood literacy consultant. She is coauthor of the best-selling <em>Early Literacy Storytimes @ your library</em> (2005), <em>Early Literacy Kit: A Manual and Tip Cards</em> (2009), and <em>Storytimes for Everyone: Developing Young Children's Language and Literacy</em> (2013). She presents at conferences and conducts face-to-face trainings and online trainings on early literacy, science and math in story times, and Every Child Ready to Read.<br><br><strong>Kathy Fling Klatt</strong> has worked as an assistant children's librarian and program coordinator for 35 years at the Mamie Doud Eisenhower Public Library in Broomfield, Colorado, where she presents weekly baby and family story times and is responsible for scheduling arts, science, and cultural programs for children ages new-born through fifth grade. She presents Every Child Ready to Read trainings for parents and grandparents and, most recently, Confident Parenting trainings for parents and children, focusing on social and emotional skills. She taught preschool for 30 years, working with three- to five-year-olds and developed and taught preschool science classes at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. She has also copresented on early literacy and music for the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the ALA.
- Author(s)Kathy Fling Klatt,Saroj Nadkarni Ghoting
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight858 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.