SUR LE VIF: Niveau Intermediaire by Clare Tufts, Hannelore Jarausch (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $361.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for one-semester intermediate French programs, SUR LE VIF offers a contextualized review of the fundamentals, adding just eugh new material to expand the language skills of French learners without overwhelming them. The text is divided into an in-class conversation manual and an out-of-class grammar reference, giving the flexibility to choose among readings, activities, and grammar practice to meet the varied needs of intermediate students. In nine short chapters, SUR LE VIF encompasses a full-length intermediate course with its provocative readings, active grammar review, and updated cultural tes. The program also takes into account the importance of audio and visual elements: the Prelude (before Chapter 1), two Interludes (after Chapters 3 and 6), and Postlude (after Chapter 9) contain new songs and follow-up activities. The accompanying video program, featured on the new Premium Website, adds a visual component. By skillfully weaving grammar review into thought-provoking chapter themes, SUR LE VIF provides a solid review of first-year French while adding refinements for improved skills in reading, listening, composition, and conversation.
- Author BiographyHannelore received her PhD in eighteenth-century French Literature at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Jarausch is a senior lecturer in French and director of the French Language Program at UNC-Chapel Hill. She teaches courses in methodology, language, and literature, and has authored an advanced intermediate text. She was named Foreign Language Teacher of the Year (Higher Education) in 2009-2010 by the Foreign Language Association of North Carolina. Jarausch's research interests focus on language teaching and teaching assistant training. She has presented at ACTFL, Central States, and the Foreign Language Association of North Carolina. Clare Tufts received her PhD in French literature from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1981. She is the professor of the Practice of Romance Studies and director of the French Language Program at Duke University. She has published articles on language acquisition and pedagogy, the modern political theatre in France, Alfred Jarry, and political propaganda in French cartoons. In 1990, her computer tutorial Micro-Review in French was published by Holt, Rinehart and Winston. Professor Tufts's research interests include second-language acquisition, modern French theatre, and popular culture.
- Author(s)Clare Tufts,Hannelore Jarausch
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- LanguageEnglish & French
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Out-of-print date17/06/2015
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight590 g
- Width204 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.