All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionSachin Tendulkar has made poets of prose writers even if his strokeplay has demontrated the futility of conveying in words the brilliance of his batsmanship. As R C Robertson-Glasgow said in ather context, he was easy to watch, difficult to bowl to and impossible to write about. In this collection of essays by some of the finest writers on cricket, the attempt is t so much to pin Sachin down as to let him roam free: beyond statistics, above nationality, and above the need to explain. From the sublime to the ridiculous it is all here. As Peter Roebuck once said Whenever I feel low I only need to remind myself how privileged I am to be writing on the game in the Tendulkar era
- Author BiographySuresh Menon, one of the youngest newspaper editors in India, is widely regarded as the most literary of India's cricket writers. A Bangalore University topper in economics and political science, Menon began his career with Deccan Herald before moving to Indian Express, Chennai for whom he reported cricket series in Pakistan and New Zealand in the 1980s, and wrote the first of many weekly columns. In 2000, responding to a call from the New Indian Express in Chennai he took over as Editor, and launched the New Sunday Express. He quit in 2002, to honour book-writing commitments, but the temptation of daily journalism proved too strong. He launched a newspaper in Bangalore which became the state's highest-selling, and was bought over by the Times of India group. Through it all, he continued to write columns on a range of subjects - politics, cricket, literature, humour and sport - for a range of publications in India and abroad. He lives in Bangalore with his wife Dimpy Menon a well-known sculptor, and son Tushar.
- Author(s)Suresh Menon
- PublisherWestland Books Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- Place of PublicationKilpauk Madras
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintWestland Books Pvt Ltd
- Weight480 g
- Width114 mm
- Height178 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.