All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionPaying attention is rarely easy to do. It requires focus, patience and a willingness to slow down - traits that are hard to come by in this hurry-up world. But close attention to even one small piece of creation, one object, person, routine, image, word or scripture, can become a prayer to God, opening a channel of communication between you and the Divine to allow for deep spiritual growth. In this inspiring guide, you will discover ways to develop a practice of attention as a means of talking - and listening - to God. Framed on the Christian liturgical year and paired with images of the seasons of the earth, each chapter includes an insightful and poignant narrative which illustrates the surprising richness to be found in every attention-getting moment. Following each narrative is a prayer, suggested scripture readings and a specific exercise you can use to develop your own practice of attention as a means to better connect with God. Accessible, humorous and meaningful, these words and practices will lead you further along your path toward discovering a deeper awareness of yourself and your relationship to all that is around you - and within you.
- Author BiographyMargaret D. McGee is an innovative teacher, guest speaker and leader of workshops on the topics of spiritual writing and prayer.
- Author(s)Margaret D. McGee
- PublisherJewish Lights Publishing
- Date of Publication11/04/2008
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintSkyLight Paths Publishing,US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.