All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a young boy is sent overseas by his parents for safekeeping because of the looming first world war, he is unfortunately abducted, and his life is turned into a sometimes violent and cruel existence. But he endures and survives all that is put before him, making new friends along the way and discovering a new world. Many years later, he passes on his diary and an artifact to his great grandson, who also has to endure some wild and exciting experiences to gain his inheritance.
- Author BiographyI was born in Gloucester in 1953, starting work when I was 15. Six years later, after completing an engineering apprenticeship I moved on to work for a large International company, eventually working my way through to a management role. I stayed with that company for 31 years. My wife and I already had a holiday apartment in La Mata in Spain, and with the help of the same agent who has remained a very good friend, we were able to find the villa we wanted in Las Bayas, which is on the outskirts of Santa Pola in the campo. Then out of the blue I was offered the chance to take voluntary early retirement at the age of 52, our children were all in relationships, so my wife and I decided to retire to our villa in Spain. That was in 2005. It was some time in 2008 that I decided to start writing a diary of my life up to the current day, but lost the initiative with that when I had other thoughts about writing a fictional novel. Since moving to Spain I have always read a lot of books, James Patterson, Jeffery Deaver, Ian Rankin, Michael Connelly to name a few of my favourite authors. I am currently working on other books which I intend to be of a different genre, but who knows where the stories will take me. As you can see my background is not journalism, or law or anything that academic, therefore my writing style may appear rough and ready, but my idea is to let the story develop naturally as I write it, so the storyline itself or the intended ending could change at any time during the process. I have my own website which has all the information about my work and current releases. There are excerpts from my books, direct links to bookstores and other information for the purchase of paperback or e-book. www.stephenlawrencebooks.com Happy reading. Regards Stephen Lawrence.
- Author(s)MR Stephen Lawrence 1
- Date of Publication25/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight708 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.