All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSacred Commerce takes the view that the empty promise of materialism is finished and that the coming exorcism will require Sacred Community. Authors Matthew and Terces Engelhart, who are owners of a successful chain of organic vegan restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area, present the view that love before appearances is the antidote to our spiritual, environmental and social degradation. Discussing topics such as mission statements, manager as coach, human resources as a sacred culture and inspiring meetings, they provide a manual for building a spiritual community at the workplace - a vital concept in this day and age when for most people the pursuit of livelihood occupies the majority of their attention.Business, the authors explain, is all about providing a service, product or experience that the market wants, and business can succeed when it misses this point. However, one must incorporate the idea of Sacred Commerce , business as a spiritual as well as financial enterprise. Offering the idea that every business is the opportunity to make a lasting impression in the lives of both clients and employees, the Engelharts share tools and ways to fulfil this vision. Sacred Commerce is the perfect mix of personal and practical - a guidebook written by people who have felt success, t just spent it. In a world where increasing numbers of people are dissatisfied with their work, the Engelharts show that you don't have to suffer personally in order to pay the mortgage.
- Author BiographyMatthew and Terces Engelhart are the owners of Cafe Gratitude, a popular organic vegan restaurant chain in the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles. Terces is also the author of I Am Grateful, a recipe and lifestyle book based on their restaurant. They live in San Francisco.
- Author(s)Matthew Engelhart,Terces Engelhart
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/10/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.