All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionSacred Dust on Crowded Streets is the inspirational memoir of Bob Carlsen, a corporate lawyer, volunteer, and adventurer who spent two years living and working in Bangalore, India. Through chance encounters on the streets of the world's largest democracy, Carlsen offers t only an introduction to the complexities, diversity, and spiritual core of modern day India, but also insightful commentary on India's history, religious diversity, people, and current challenges that vividly describe a nation once called the moral compass of the world. Including his own experiences and the voices of drivers, cobblers, software engineers, and religious figures, Carlsen transports others through daily life in India-wandering its dusty roads to discover a magical land where religious traditions beat out the rhythm of day-to-day life and where, under Gandhi's watchful eye, volunteerism, kindness, and dignity, are encouraged. Included photographs capture the diversity of modern India from the Himalayas to the southern jungles. Sacred Dust on Crowded Streets takes others on a spiritual journey to a land of surprises, magic, sacredness, beauty, and challenges-a place whose promise of the exotic lives deep inside us all.
- Author BiographyBob Carlsen has practiced international technology law for over twenty years. His interest in emerging market economies, music, languages, and religion has taken him around the globe, including the two years he spent working and volunteering in Bangalore, India. He resides with his wife, Patti, and son, Nicholas, in Danbury, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Bob Carlsen
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication11/03/2010
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight216 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.