All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection draws on the Mobilities approach to look afresh at tions of the sacred where they intersect with people, objects and other things on the move. Consideration of a wide range of spiritual meanings and practices also sheds light on the motivations and experiences associated with particular mobilities. Drawing on rich, situated case studies, this multi-disciplinary collection discusses what mobility in the social sciences, arts and humanities can tell us about movements and journeys prompted by religious, more broadly 'spiritual' and 'secular-sacred' practices and priorities. Problematizing the fixity of sacred places and times as territorially and temporally bounded entities that exist in opposition to 'profane' everyday life, this collection looks at the intersection between the embodied-emotional-spiritual experience of places, travel, belief-practices and communities. It is this geographically-informed perspective on the interleaving of religious/ spiritual/ secular tions of the sacred with the material and more-than-representational attributes of associated mobilities and related practices which constitutes this volume's original contribution to the field.
- Author BiographyAvril Maddrell is Associate Professor in Social and Cultural Geography at the University of the West of England, Bristol. Alan Terry is Senior Lecturer in Human Geography in the University of the West of England. Tim Gale is Associate Head of Department and Tourism and Events Programme Leader in the Bristol Business School at the University of the West of England.
- Author(s)Alan Terry,Avril Maddrell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 16 b&w illustrations
- Weight598 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byDr. Tim Gale
- Series Edited byDr. Jan Mosedale,Dr. Caroline Scarles
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.