All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs humans evolved on Earth they used plants for everything imaginable--food, weapons, baskets, clothes, shelter, and medicine. Indigeus peoples the world over have been able to gather kwledge of plant uses by communicating directly with plants and horing the sacred relationship between themselves and the plant world. In Sacred Plant MedicineStephen Harrod Buhner looks at the long-standing relationship between indigeus peoples and plants and examines the techniques and states of mind these cultures use to communicate with the plant world. He explores the sacred dimension of plant and human interactions and the territory where plants are an expression of Spirit. For each healing plant described in the book, Buhner presents medicinal uses, preparatory guidelines, and ceremonial elements such as prayers and medicine songs associated with its use.
- Author BiographyStephen Harrod Buhner is an Earth Poet and senior researcher for the Foundation for Gaian Studies. He lectures throughout the United States on herbal medicine, the sacredness of plants, and the intelligence of nature. He is the author of nine works of nonfiction and one book of poetry, including The Secret Teachings of Plants and the award-winning The Lost Language of Plants. He lives in Braintree, Vermont.
- Author(s)Stephen Harrod Buhner
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication24/02/2006
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintBear & Company
- Content Note27 b&w illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Foreword byBrooke Medicine Eagle
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Edition, New Edition
Save on Atlases
- AU $11.79Trending at AU $13.20
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $31.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.