All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are many books that explore actual, physical, sacred space and pilgrimage sites. This is a different kind of book. It introduces seven traditional 'sacred spaces' but then leads readers into a deeper reflection on what such 'sacred space' means in our own lives and experience. The various sacred spaces explored are: the Celtic Cross; the infinite kt; hilltops; wells and springs; causeways and bridges; thresholds and burial grounds; and boundaries. In each chapter, the author introduces a 'sacred space' as the main theme and then illustrates this by associating it with a particular stage of life and a particular sacramental experience. The ideas are then brought together by means of a scripture story.
- Author BiographyMargaret Silf is a writer and retreat leader. She has been trained by the Jesuits in accompanying people in prayer and is the author of Landscapes of Prayer, One Hundred Wisdom Stories, and One Hundred More Wisdom Stories, as well as The Wisdom of St Ignatius of Loyola. She has been described by The Tablet as one of the most talented spiritual writers .
- Author(s)Margaret Silf
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLion Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.