All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe ancient holy wells of the British Isles are amongst the most beautiful and magical places anyone can visit. Often untouched by all but the most delicate human hands, and located in some of the most secret oks and crannies of the country, their stories evoke a lost world of pagan gods, healing forces, second sight and holy visions. This beautiful book, illustrated throughout by the author, tells the story of the holy waters of the British Isles through hand-picked examples. It also contains a county-by-county gazeteer.
- Author BiographyChristina Martin has been interested in Holy Wells for many years. An artist and lecturer in fine art, currently living in Lancashire, she has just completed a book on Weaving, published in the US by Bloomsbury.
- Author(s)Christina Martin
- PublisherWooden Books
- Date of Publication15/02/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationPowys
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWooden Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width125 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Interest Age14-99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.