All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe Safavid dynasty (1501-1722) originated in one of the many Turkish, possibly Kurdish, dervish orders begun shortly after the Mongol invasion. Its founder, Isma'il, took advantage of the chaotic political situation at the end of the fifteenth century to establish control over the territory that comprises most of current-day Iran. Safavid rulers established Shi'ism as the dominant ideology, the Muslim faith still observed by the majority of Iranians. <em>Safavid Iran and Her Neighbors</em>, which focuses primarily on Persian external relations during this period, includes wide-ranging contributions that cover dervish orders, the Central Asian hajj, developments in Shi'i legal theory, cultural relations between Persia and Mughal India, and diplomatic relations between Iran, Russia, and Ottoman Turkey.
- Author Biography<strong>Michel Mazzaoui</strong> is associate professor of history at the University of Utah.
- Author(s)Michel Mazzaoui
- PublisherUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationSalt Lake City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.