Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionSeventeen-year-old Sage Evans' therapist mother has given her one rule: Never fraternize with the patients. Keep a safe distance. But the summer Sage and her mom move into the Paige's garage apartment, all the rules change. Sage is drawn to the twins her mother is treating through a confusing psychic connection and a burning desire to kw what left them so damaged. Elena takes pleasure in harming herself while healing others, and Ethan is stuck in time at the age of four, a terrified child whose ability to see others' pasts and futures comes at a painful price. Sage's deepening feelings for the twins complicates her romantic relationship with the dangerous fire-starter, Finn Mulcahy, whose past is intricately intertwined with the twins. As Sage uncovers the mysterious tragedies and the secret pain of each of her friends, she falls in love. And her own safe world begins to collapse when her relentless curiosity uncovers horrible damage her father has inflicted and her own complicity in his crimes. As Sage selfishly reaches out to her friends for comfort and connection, jealousies and guilt are aroused that spiral out of control, ending in a fire that destroys the Paige's garage apartment. Finding out who set the fire becomes the only thing that matters because until she does, Sage can't trust anyone, and one will trust her.
- Author BiographySusan Michalski has been creating stories for as long as she could talk. Because she rarely sleeps, reading and writing have filled the dark hours. With degrees in literature, drama, creative writing, and secondary education, Susan has been able to find work as an actress, high school teacher, college instructor, web/UI designer, private tutor, online course writer, curriculum designer, technical writer, waitress, swim coach, and lifeguard. She dreams of quitting her day jobs to live in an alternate reality full-time. Because surviving trauma and how it affects our interactions with others is one of the most interesting conundrums of the human condition, Susan made it the focus of her first novel series. She is a believer in paranormal phenomenon of many kinds. Susan Michalski lives, works, and occasionally sleeps in Austin, Texas with one genius child, two devoted dogs, two immortal hamsters, and a talking guinea pig named Butterscotch. Safe Distances is her first novel.
- Author(s)Susan Michalski
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleGeodesy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.