All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the greatest challenge facing humanity this century? The answer is, how we can produce the energy and resources we need without endangering the future of human life on the planet. And yet, there aren't many books which present technical and political strategies for a rapid progress towards a safe planet - one powered by clean renewable energy alone. This is a real pity because many intelligent people would love to read a book on this subject. SAFE PLANET is the first book to describe a road-map towards a new world, a safe planet. It combines meteorological data and existing tried and tested techlogies and it tackles the sticky problem of the existing global political and ecomic power structures. This optimistic book is a rallying cry for all those concerned about what the future holds for their children. If you are worried about your energy bills and the price of fuel, about the prospect of 'the lights going out', if you want to stop the environmental pollution and the alarming rate of species extinction, if you are against fracking, if you are for a cleaner better transport and energy infrastructure, if you are sick of the rich getting ever richer at the expense of the rest of us, this compelling and clear narrative about the crisis and its solution is for you.
- Author BiographyJohn Cowsill is a socialist and environmental activist. He was the principal researcher on storage and Vehicle-to-Grid technology for the ZeroCarbonBritain (2007) report. He lives in Islington, London.
- Author(s)John Cowsill
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication26/09/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarth Books
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.