All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the isolated Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan in the 1950s to modern day Chicago, Safe Skies follows the progress of Captain Tashi, a pilot working for the Trust for Air Safety Support (TASS). The idea of establishing civil aviation in fifties Bhutan was merely a dream, a dream which only became reality many years later. Even then, with its embryonic infrastructure, flight safety in Bhutan leaves something to be desired. Captain Tashi is determined to help bring his beloved Kingdom into the present-day world, but his relationship with TASS's Chief Executive Officer, Duale, could stand in the way. The author weaves the ins and outs of some of the cornerstones of aviation safety through a story in which the action alternates between the United States and Bhutan. This extraordinary story is at times overflowing with love and happiness; at others it epitomises hate and sadness. Personal ambition stands in the way of greater safety for all as the book reaches its climax in tragedy. In the final phase of the story the author describes the dawn of a new era - the harnessing of satellite techlogy to achieve the ultimate in flight safety.
- Author BiographyColin Everard is a Civil Aviation Management Consultant, and a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society. He worked in the field with countries of the developing world for forty years. Over a period of 20 years he lived in various African countries, working as a technical co-operation practitioner. He then moved to Canada, from where he continued his work to support developing countries (especially those in Asia) specializing in civil aviation development. He now lives in Vienna, Austria.
- Author(s)Colin Everard
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight473 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.