All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCorrect preparation is important in all aspects of life, but if you fail to warm up properly before playing tennis it could land you in the hospital for weeks. Just look how often professional tennis players are getting injured--sometimes bringing an early end to a promising career--and consider that these athletes are in peak physical shape. So just imagine the risk you are putting yourself at when you venture out for your weekly tennis match. With images illustrating the exercises to accompany the text, Safe Tennis teaches you how to avoid these injuries and how to properly prepare yourself with detailed warm-up plans and exercises that specifically strengthen you for the sport of tennis. This includes stretching exercises that are designed by physical therapists who specialize in sports medicine. You will also learn the correct way to cool down after your match because injuries can arise if you let your body cool too quickly. Without the worry of nagging injuries, your time on the court will be that much more enjoyable. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, is proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. In addition to books on popular team sports, we also publish books for a wide variety of athletes and sports enthusiasts, including books on running, cycling, horseback riding, swimming, tennis, martial arts, golf, camping, hiking, aviation, boating, and so much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyJim Martz, author of Tales from the Miami Hurricanes Sideline, is also the founder of Florida Tennis magazine, which was launched in 1992. He was also a vice president of the US Tennis Writers Association and the Miami Herald's tennis writer for eighteen years. He edited the book 50 Love: Advantage Florida, which chronicles the first fifty years of USTA Florida. He also covered University of Miami football since 1973 and has been editor of CaneSport magazine since 1992.
- Author(s)Jim Martz
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note50 B&W photos
- Weight185 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byNick Bollettieri
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.