Safer Skies: An Accident Investigator on Why Planes Crash and the State of Aviation Safety by David Soucie (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.74+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- Description<b>The past and future of airline safety--a memoir of successes, crashes, and near misses--by a former FAA accident inspector.</b> Boarding an airplane strikes at least a small sense of fear into most people. Even though we all have heard that the odds of being struck by lightning are greater than the odds of perishing in a plane crash, it still doesn't feel that way. Airplane crashes might be rare, but they do happen, and they're usually fatal. David Soucie insists that most of these deaths could be prevented. He's worked in the cockpit, on the hangar floor, within the aviation boardroom, and inside the Washington, DC, beltway. He's seen death up close and personal--deaths of colleagues and friends that might have been prevented if he had approved certain safety measures in the aircraft they were handling. Years of experience have led Dave to become an impassioned consultant on the topic of airline safety. This includes t only advising the Obama administration, but also the Department of Transportation, the Department of Defense, Homeland Security, NASA, and the Office of National Intelligence. Soucie was also a lead consultant and analyst for coverage of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which went missing in March 2014. Find out the truth about airplane safety and discover what the future holds for air travel in <i>Safer Skies.</i>
- Author Biography<b>David Soucie</b> is the owner of Sans Souci Enterprises, LLC, a disaster recovery company based in Silverthorne, Colorado. He also works with CNN as a safety analyst and with the Federal Aviation Administration as a member of the Safety Management Implementation (SMI) Committee and serves on the Safety Management Systems Focus Group in Washington, DC. Previously, he was an aviation safety inspector at the FAA and, before that, served as the senior director of technical services for Air Methods Inc., one of the largest helicopter emergency medical operations in the world. He resides in Lakewood, Colorado. <b>Ozzie Cheek</b> is a writer, producer, and published short-story author.
- Author(s)David Soucie
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.