All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionDo you want to acquire insight on how to create a strong and sustainable safety management system? This book was written to help those individuals charged with the responsibility for improving or initiating a new safety management system. Whether you are a safety department of one, a human resource manager that has been given safety responsibilities, or a business owner who has little experience with managing safety systems, this book will provide the necessary ingredients you will need to create and sustain an effective safety management system. The book explains why it is crucial to integrate safety into day-to-day operations and how to go about this. It provides practical, simple methods to assess and audit your safety management system on an ongoing basis and correct any problems you find. Throughout this book, the author uses valuable insights from his own personal experiences in the various industries where he has worked to demonstrate the concepts presented. If you are new to safety, this book will help you understand OSHA standards and what OSHA does, learn what OSHA records you need to maintain, comprehend why it is important to identify safety hazards in your workplace, appreciate why you need to conduct workplace job hazard analysis, see the value in performing regular workplace inspections and auditing your safety management system, recognize why conducting thorough incident investigations is so very important, kw what workers' compensation is and how it affects your safety management system, be a safety leader and achieve buy-in from all levels of your organization, and learn what you can do right w to grow a safety culture in your workplace. Let the journey of chasing zero incidents begin! The iforSafety(TM) methodology packages the key ingredients for creating an effective safety management system into an easy-to-understand and an easy-to-implement process. Here are just a few of the iOpening things you'll learn: * Why you should care about Safety Management. * The #1 reason why safety management systems fail and how to ensure yours is successful. * The 12 ingredients that comprise a successful safety culture and how to get started right away to impact your bottom line. * The five developmental phases of a successful safety culture and where your organization currently fits. * Practical do's and don'ts you can apply to drastically improve your organization's safety culture. * Immediate action plan that will improve the safety of your organization so you can sleep better at night. Discover the 12 ingredients that provide an organized way to achieve safety excellence and help create an injury-free culture!
- Author BiographyMichael L. Miozza CSP, CPEA, CSHM, has directed the environmental, health, and safety systems for several major corporations. Michael has over twenty years of experience in the areas of regulatory compliance, human resource management, manufacturing, construction, business management, ISO 14001 implementation, public safety, and developing safety processes. His career has afforded him the opportunity to work in national and international organizations, managing multiple locations. Michael enjoys sharing his distinct perspective on leading health and safety with others. Through a unique blend of work experiences with several major corporations, Michael has witnessed the core of high performance safety cultures. For over twenty years, Michael has successfully faced the challenges of leading injury prevention strategies with a large workforce in high-demand industries. Michael began his safety career in 1993 working for a Fortune 100 company as a safety officer. As an insurance inspector, he has conducted hundreds of inspections ranging from general scheduled audits to serious accident investigations. Michael is nationally recognized as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), a Certified Professional Environmental Auditor (CPEA), and a Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM). He is also a professional member of the American Society of Safety Engineers, and he is a member of the National Fire Protection Association and the American Industrial Hygiene Association. He is an authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer for General Industry and Construction Safety Training for ten- and thirty-hour courses. Michael is the founder of Health and Safety Solutions, Inc. (www.health-safetysolutions.com ), a safety consulting company based in Fall River, Massachusetts, and the creator of the safety management process called iforSafety(TM).
- Author(s)Michael L Miozza
- PublisherMicahel L. Miozza
- Date of Publication06/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMicahel L. Miozza
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.