All listings for this product
About this product
- Description' Bureaucracy is the reason for the decline in school trips . A statement often quoted. But it is a myth that there is a decline in school visits...It's competent people, t paperwork, that make visits safer' - Ian Park, ex-Chairman, Outdoor Education Advisers' Panel 'Every man and woman who is involved in the development or education of young people - however slightly - should be chained to one of the Barns of Bynack and t released until they have read this book cover to cover' - Alan Bantick, wildlife conservationist, lecturer, photographer and guide 'Bob Barton's balanced and well thought out book will help anyone involved with the planning and management of outdoor activities for young people. Bob explores the issues that need to be considered when developing and implementing outdoor policies and procedures, in an interesting and thought provoking style, drawing on his wealth of outdoor experience' - Peter Westgarth, Chief Executive, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award 'This book fills a gap which sorely needed filling. The safety versus adventure debate is discussed in a thoroughly refreshing way and should inspire a new generation of teachers and youth workers to take their charges into the great outdoors. The book should be required reading for every Health and Safety Officer throughout the land to improve their understanding of what Adventure Educators are trying to achieve' - Doug Jones, County Officer, Outdoor Education and Adventure Activities, Bedfordshire County Council 'A distillation of years of experience in adventure activities and an essential guide to getting the proper balance between adventure and safety' - Nick Barrett, Chief Executive of the Outward Bound Trust Providers of outdoor education must strike the right balance between adventure and security. Effective risk management enables providers to deliver lasting educational value without breaching their moral and legal duties of care. This practical guide shows how genuinely adventurous outdoor activities can be provided to acceptable standards of safety. Drawing on the author's own experience as an expert mountaineer, instructor and consultant, the systems and processes of successful outdoor adventure are clearly explained using real life examples and case studies. Bob Barton is Safety Adviser to the Outward Bound Trust and works as a consultant on the management of adventure activities.
- Author BiographyBob Barton is Safety Adviser to the Outward Bound Trust and works as a consultant on the management of adventure activities.
- Author(s)Bob Barton
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.20
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.