All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionDennis Nolan, drawing on decades of experience as a well-kwn safety author and senior loss prevention specialist at Saudi Aramco, provides the essential procedures and checklists in Safety and Security Review for the Process Industries. In addition to guiding the reader through the selection and execution of efficient and complete hazard analysis and safety reviews (such as HAZOP, PHA, What-If, SVA, LOPA, Bowtie), Nolan shares his personal experience and illustrates procedures with real-world examples. Updated throughout to reflect changing practices, the fourth edition expands its scope to include maintenance, exploratory drilling, and governmental regulation updates. It adds best practice guidelines on CHAZOP reviews, expands on threats in the security vulnerability analysis, and includes more information on chemical process facilities and hydrocarbon/chemical plant safeguards. Up-to-date form templates and what-if checklists are also available for purchasers of the book to download, making this a complete safety review toolkit.
- Author BiographyDr. Dennis P. Nolan has had a long career devoted to risk engineering, fire protection engineering, loss prevention engineering and systems safety engineering. He holds a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Business Administration from Berne University, Master of Science degree in Systems Management from Florida Institute of Technology and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Fire Protection Engineering from the University of Maryland. He is a U.S. registered professional engineer in fire protection engineering in the state of California.He is currently on the Executive Management staff of Saudi Aramco, located in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, as a Loss Prevention Consultant/Chief Fire Prevention Engineer. He covers some of the largest oil and gas facilities in the world. As part of his career, he has examined oil production, refining, and marketing facilities under severe conditions and in various unique worldwide locations, including Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Russia, and North and South America. His activity in the aerospace field has included engineering support for the NASA Space Shuttle launch facilities at Kennedy Space Center (and for those undertaken at Vandenburg Air Force Base, California) and classified national defense systems. Dr. Nolan has received numerous safety awards and is a member of the American Society of Safety Engineers, He is the author of many technical papers and professional articles in various international fire safety publications. He has written at least four books, several published by Elsevier.
- Author(s)Dennis P. Nolan
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication05/09/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.