All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionSafety of RMAA works is an almost uncharted topic of rising importance internationally. Small construction contractors are particularly dependant on RMAA work, especially during times of recession, and they undertake more risks on these jobs than large companies do. This book is based on unique international research and consultancy projects which detail, investigate, and suggest solutions to the specific challenges of safety in RMAA works, based on case studies. Starting with an overview of safety in the wider construction industries of developed countries, the first half of this book also provides a comprehensive summary of relevant rules, regulations, and the resulting safety performances. The systems in the UK, US and Hong Kong are described and contrasted, giving the reader an understanding of how different regulatory approaches have yielded a variety of results. From this solid introduction, specific problems observed in RMAA work are examined through case studies, with reference to the underlying cultural and demographic factors, and a variety of practical engineering and management solutions are explored. This important and practical international work is essential reading for postgraduate students of health and safety in construction, construction project management, or construction in developing countries, as well as policy-makers and construction project managers.
- Author BiographyAlbert P. C. Chan is Chair Professor of Construction Engineering and Management and Head of the Department of Building and Real Estate at Hong Kong Polytechnic University. A chartered construction manager, engineer, project manager, and surveyor by profession, Prof. Chan has worked in a number of tertiary institutions both in Hong Kong and overseas. Carol K. H. Hon is currently a lecturer in the construction and project management discipline at the School of Civil Engineering and Built Environment, Science and Engineering Faculty, Queensland University of Technology, Australia. She has publications in top-tier academic journals and conference proceedings in the field of safety/construction.
- Author(s)Albert P. C. Chan,Carol K. H. Hon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note15 black & white tables, 58 black & white line drawings
- Weight406 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.