Sage Sourcebook of Modern Biomedical Devices: Business Environments in a Global Market by SAGE Publications Inc (Mixed media product, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $1,234.64+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $443.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionTo view sample pages please click on the Sample Materials and Chapters link on the left. Biomedical devices undoubtedly represent one of the most striking examples of the revolutionary developments, in both medicine and techlogy, in the 21st century. The explosive growth of research, scientific output, industrial market development, and investments in today's global applications of scientific and techlogical kwledge to health care is staggering, and all indications point to the continued increase in all these developments in the years to come. Although a significant number of already existing sources try to address the scientificinical/techlogical aspects of biomedical devices, there is practically reference that illustrates to researchers the commercial potential of the results of their research. The SAGE Sourcebook of Modern Biomedical Devices: Business Markets in the Global Environment is the first accessible, broadly available source of information that presents and quantifies the commercial success of numerous types of biomedical devices available in the global market. It is of great importance, for both the research and the business communities, to identify specific biomedical device types, per major therapeutic areas, most commercially successful in today's global ecomic markets, such as in the biggest market (U.S.), in the Pacific Rim, and in the newly expanded European Union. Currently, such vital information is t available anywhere else, definitely t in a unified source and t in a detailed, well-substantiated, reliable, and easy-to-read form. Key Features - Presents, for the first time in one reference source, unique quantitative data and brief comparative analysis of the commercial performance of more than 180 types of biomedical devices. - Covers devices from practically all major therapeutic areas of application, such as orthopedic devices, cardiovascular devices, gastrointestinal devices, cancer treatment devices, imaging devices, and spinal implants, as well as emerging markets for cardiac surgery devices. - Offers global analysis of markets per device per therapeutic area, including North America, Pacific Rim, and the European Community. - Examines commercial success, market shares, and business potential of the rapidly changing new techlogies and the new markets. Thus, this Encyclopedia will be useful as a possible indication of further direction of research, development, and investments in the biomedical device areas globally. - Reflects the latest changes in the marketplace. The information will be periodically updated. - Presents data in a concise, clear, and reader-friendly way, with emphasis on graphs, tables, and charts. The SAGE Sourcebook of Modern Biomedical Devices: Business Markets in the Global Environment is a truly unique resource t only for academic and corporate libraries and working groups but also for researchers and graduate students working in all fields of biomedical devices, in both physical and life sciences, including departments of Engineering, Materials Science, Applied Physics, Chemistry, as well as medical schools and business schools (with the all important emphasis in health care ecomics). Businesspeople, government organizations, funding agencies, health care providers, and hospital libraries will also find this a welcome addition to their reference collection. Decision Resources, Inc. Decision Resources is a firm that specializes in creating reports regarding drug therapies used for cancer and other disease research. These reports are very detailed and are written by medical professionals, peer reviewed over three rounds and then sold to major pharmaceutical firms. Each report costs $20,000. Decision Resources do t in any way consider themselves a publisher although they create valuable content. Therefore, they are eager to partner with an academic reference publisher in order to sell their content in new markets. The SAGE Handbook of Current
- Author BiographyDecision Resources is a firm that specializes in creating reports regarding drug therapies used for cancer and other disease research. These reports are very detailed and are written by medical professionals, peer reviewed over three rounds, and then sold to major pharmaceutical firms. Each report costs $20,000. Decision Resources do not in any way consider themselves a publisher although they create valuable content. Therefore, they are eager to partner with an academic reference publisher in order to sell their content in new markets. The SAGE Handbook of Current Therapies and the SAGE Handbook of Emerging Therapies will serve as two very important resources for medical students at any level that are researching the key drug therapies involved with cancer research. Each set will contain four volumes which will include 60 chapters which will cover respectively the current and emerging drug therapies which tie in all important applications to today's pharmaceutical and biotechnical industries. Each chapter is a synthesis of a previously published detailed report on a particular therapy which has been through several rounds of peer review to insure the utmost accuracy and relevance.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/09/2007
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Notegraphs, tables, charts
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byDecision Resources Inc.
- Contained items statementContains 4 Hardbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.