All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionWith biographical information on the 400 authors of the Talmud and hundreds of anecdotes about these sages as recorded in the Talmud itself, this collection is both an excellent and practical guide for students of the Talmud as well as a fascinating read for the lay reader. The author details the time period in which each sage lived, who his teachers and significant colleagues were, and the house of study or city associated with the sage. The wealth of stories and anecdotes offered in the book are linked to the correct Talmudic sage and offer a fascinating glimpse into the social environment in which each man lived. An appendix with the corresponding general history of the time also provides readers with an understanding of the political climate in which each master worked.
- Author BiographyMordechai Judovits is a Holocaust survivor and a longtime student of the Talmud. He is the author of Sages of the Talmud. He lives in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Author(s)Mordechai Judovits
- PublisherUrim Publications
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationJerusalem
- Country of PublicationIsrael
- ImprintUrim Publications
- Weight752 g
- Width172 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.