All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUn lugar sagrado, a sacred place where two or more are gathered in the name of community, can be found almost anywhere and yet it is elusive: a charro arena behind a rock quarry, on the pilgrimage trail to Chimayo, a curandero's shrine in South Texas, or at a binational Mass along the border. <br><br><em>Sagrado</em> is neither a search for identity r a quest for a homeland but an affirmation of an ever-evolving cultural landscape. Embedded at the heart of this remarkable book, in which prose, photographs, and poems complement each other, is a photopoetic journey across the Chica Southwest.
- Author Biography<strong>Spencer R. Herrera</strong> is an assistant professor of Spanish at New Mexico State University, USA. <br><br><strong>Levi Romero</strong>, New Mexico Centennial Poet Laureate and a research scholar in the Chicano Studies programme at the University of New Mexico, is the author of <em>A Poetry of Remembrance: New and Rejected Works</em> (UNM Press, 2008).<br><br><strong>Robert Kaiser</strong> is a freelance photographer in Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA.
- Author(s)Levi Romero,Spencer R. Herrera
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- Series TitleQuerencias
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Content Note, colour illustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.