All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.27
- AU $10.97Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.86
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.12
About this product
- DescriptionAn officer in the US Merchant Marine from World War II to the Korean War, Jack Beritzhoff sailed from the South Pacific to Casablanca to Kuwait to Liverpool to Pusan... and back. Sail Away follows him from port to port, around the globe to five continents, discovering friendship and heroism (as well as occasional cowardice and deceit), and of course the beautiful girl in every port. In the tradition of James Michner's Tales of the South Pacific, this memoir brings a world at war to life through a series of charming vignettes rather than sweeping battles or flying shrapnel. Sail Away is a view of epic events seen through a very human-sized, very bright window, offering glimpses of humor, humanity, and grace at the darkest of times.
- Author BiographyJack Beritzhoff was born in Alameda, CA in 1918. He is a fourth-generation Californian, the descendent of a California pioneer. Jack served as a member of the United States Merchant Marine from 1942, at the height of World War II, to 1952, at the end of the Korean War. Since leaving his life at sea on a San Francisco pier over fifty years ago, he has lived in the Bay Area town of Mill Valley. He has three children and three grandchildren. Jack started writing at the age of ninety-one.
- Author(s)Jack Beritzhoff
- Date of Publication22/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byDavid Kudler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.