Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThere are many lessons to be learned from a careful study of Luke's account of Paul's voyage to Rome. Taken literally, it shows us, in a wonderful way, the personal care of the Lord Jesus Christ for His beloved servant in a time of great stress and dif culty. The particular incident recorded in Acts 27:21-26 is that to which I especially desire to draw each reader's attention. For long, weary days and nights neither sun r stars had been visible. The captain of the ship was in despair; the mariners, hopeless. Then it was that Paul, the prisoner of the Lord (Ephesians 4: l]-how lovely a title: t a prisoner of Caesar, r of Rome, but of the Lord!-became the comforter of all in the ship, comforting them with the comfort wherewith he had just been comforted of God. For to him an angel of the Lord had appeared, standing by him, and saying. Fear t, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee. It is my purpose in this pamphlet to trace out some of the precious truths Paul was chosen to make kwn for our eternal blessing. Only let each reader be sure he or she is one who sails with Paul, for to ne other do they apply.
- Author BiographyDuring his lifetime Ironside was one of the most well-known preachers and teachers in the world. He was pastor of the Moody Church in Chicago from 1929 to 1948, which was founded by D. L. Moody and has since had such head pastors as Alan Redpath and Warren W. Wiersbe. He was a prolific writer and his works include: 'The Four Hundred Silent Years', 'Letters to a Roman Catholic', 'Lectures on Daniel the Prophet', 'A Historical Sketch of the Brethren Movement', 'The Minor Prophets', 'Revelation', 'Daniel' among others.
- Author(s)H a Ironside
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date10/11/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.