All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe classic, fascinating life of St. Antony of the Desert, and the Father of Monasticism, both East and West. St. Antony revealed that there are swarms of devils everywhere, but that they are powerless to harm us when we use the Holy Name of Jesus and sacramentals to ward them off.
- Author BiographySt. Athanasius, Doctor of the Church, was born around 296-298. The twentieth Pope and Bishop of Alexandria, he spent seventeen years of his life in exile from four Roman emperors. He was highly instrumental in vigorously combating the Arian heresy, and was ordained Archbishop at the young age of thirty. Also a great theologian, Athanasius was uncompromising in his hostility toward the heresies of his time, and was known as the Pillar of the Church to St. Gregory of Nazianzus. He found the time to compose various works of spirituality as well, including <i>St. Antony of the Desert</i>, <i>Against the Heathen</i>, <i>The Incarnation of the Word of God</i>, and <i>Discourse on Virginity</i>. St. Athanasius died on the second of May, 373, having consecrated Peter II as his successor.
- Author(s)St. Athanasius
- PublisherTan Books & Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/1999
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationRockford, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTan Books & Publishers Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight113 g
- Width110 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.