All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionAs a young cleric, he was present at the Council of Nicea (325), and though he did t want to be bishop, ne was found better suited for the job. He fought the Arian Heresy through every vicissitude and finally triumphed for orthodoxy. Here is a popular biography for young and old of the Saint who is called The Champion of Orthodoxy. .The famous Athanasian Creed is named after him. Impr. 114 pgs 3 Illus, PB
- Author BiographyMother Frances Alice Monica Forbes, also known as F.A. Forbes, was born in 1869 into a Presbyterian family. She converted to Catholicism in 1900, and entered the Society of the Sacred Heart as a postulant when she was thirty-one. She was a strong-willed and intelligent woman, and used both these gifts to generously make the sacrifices that the Lord wished of her daily. F.A. Forbes authored a considerable amount of books based on the saints, including <i>St. John Bosco: Friend of Youth</i>, <i>St. Monica</i>, <i>St. Catherine of Sienna</i>, <i>St. Benedict</i>, and <i>The Gripfast Series of English Readers</i>. She died in 1936.
- Author(s)Frances A.M. Forbes
- PublisherTan Books & Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/2000
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationRockford, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTan Books & Publishers Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width108 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.