Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe lead feature is Magus which ties into the Saint Germaine storyline but stands on its own. The Magus is said to be immortal and secrets are revealed as to how he obtained his immortality. There was a heavy price to pay and w, Beelzebub, the Lord of the Flies has come to collect. Will Magus sacrifice his only daughter to this master of the darkness? And when Lilith attempts to save herself, her mind, composed of the memories of the dead is suddenly wiped clean and w she must search within herself for her true nature. Also included here are two Saint Germaine stand alone stories. The Tragedy of Falstaff is based on one of William Shakespeare's most tragic characters. Formerly an influential force with the young Prince Hal, Falstaff is ostracized by Hal when he assumes the throne as King Henry the V. In an ALL NEW story, Saint Germaine narrates a story to writer, Victor Hugo and it deals with the love and tribulations of a hunchback at the cathedral of Notre Dame. Quasimodo's Tale is about a hunchback, victim of cruelty yet still manages to find something to love in the world...until it is taken away. REVIEWS OF SAINT GERMAINE: ----Eclectic, dense with meaning, and by means a quick or easy read, the comic takes its pleasure in t explaining the alpha and omega of its main character. The result is a character we do t completely understand with a history we cant penetrate---in short, the most intriguing immortal in comics since Neil Gaiman's Hob Gadling. ----Barry Lyga, Diamond Comics, Under the Reading Lamp A jewel of writing and design... a work that dares to dream... --- Li Terlichi, Drive Magazine This is more than a winner, Saint Germaine is a stunning example of the power of the medium. It should be exalted. ----John L. Kruze .. . taken alternate comics into the next level of storytelling. I am in awe. ---Paul Dale Roberts Saint Germaine from Gary Reed has to be one of most powerful things I've ever read. Outstanding, simply outstanding. They don't get any better than this. ---Alicia Simmons, Fiction World.
- Author BiographyBiography Gary Reed balances his time between writing and teaching Biology courses at colleges in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area. As a writer, Gary is best known for his insightful and diverse stories in graphic novel format including such acclaimed titles as Baker Street, Renfield, Red Diaries, and Saint Germaine. Utilizing a sensibility structured around literary and historical figures, Gary is known for providing thought provoking stories that avoid the typical skim of sequential novels. His popular tale of a supernatural holocaust, Deadworld, is one of the longest running independent comics and is signed to be a major motion picture. In addition to graphic novels, Gary has also written screenplays, young adult novels, role playing and video games, and is currently working on two novels. In his early career, Gary was the founder and publisher of Caliber Press, one of the seminal publishers of the 1990's. Caliber helped to launch the careers of dozens on today's top creators. Gary's writing and publishing have been nominated and awarded numerous industry awards. Gary was also Vice President of McFarlane Toys, a company that revolutionized the industry. As an adjunct professor, Gary teaches a variety of Biology classes including General Biology, Evolution, Anatomy and Physiology, etc. Gary was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan and still remains in the area with his wife, Jennifer. They have four daughters: Stephanie, Jessica, Alison, and Erica.
- Author(s)Gary Reed
- PublisherCaliber Comics
- Date of Publication07/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCaliber Comics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Craig Brasfield,Laval Ng
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.