All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionIn Saint Paul, Elliott C. Maloney explores what the great saint says about the spiritual life, the how to in the day-to-day activities and concerns of Christians. How should people live in covenant relationship with God, committed to seeking God's will in every aspect of their lives? Spirituality is a popular topic, but it is regarded as merely one part of life, some higher level of living when compared to ordinary living. Even Catholic scholarship, Maloney argues, table as it is in Pauline exegesis and theology, seems to lack a feel for the overall kind of living that Paul wanted for his communities, t to mention how we might appropriate such wisdom for today. For Paul, all of a believer's life is spiritual life. The alternative is a life according to the flesh, a self-centered life without God, a continual spiritual death. Based on over forty years of teaching and study of the Pauline letters, Maloney's Saint Paul offers a rich vision of Christianity and the spiritual life in Christ.
- Author BiographyBr. Elliott C. Maloney, OSB, is professor of New Testament studies and biblical languages at Saint Vincent Seminary in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. He is the author of Jesus' Urgent Message for Today: The Kingdom of God in Mark's Gospel, which was honored by the Catholic Press Association in 2005.
- Author(s)Elliott C. Maloney
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.