All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a welcome guide to St Petersburg's 'other' museums, palaces, collections and gardens. This volume also includes information on: opening times, directions, what to expect, a brief history, and much more! St Petersburg is a city with an incredibly rich history and cultural heritage - founded by Tsar Peter I of Russia in 1703, it was the capital of the Russian Empire for more than two-hundred years. It is also home to more than 200 museums, numerous palaces, and historic collections. From the Museum on the Crusier Avrora, the battleship that fired the first shots of the Russian Revolution, to the Komarov Botanical Gardens, Saint Petersburg is a superbly illustrated volume that offers readers a practical and insightful guide to the city's lesser kwn - but -less important or impressive - museum, palaces, and collections.
- Author BiographyCathy Giangrande is an art historian and archaeological conservator. She is the author of the TV series UNSEEN TREASURES and has written, with Alistair McAlpine, COLLECTING & DISPLAY and THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO COLLECTIBLES. She works on Russian projects for the World Monuments Fund. John Julius Norwich is a writer and Chairman of the World Monuments Fund in Britain.
- Author(s)Cathy Giangrande
- PublisherBunker Hill Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2003
- Place of PublicationPiermont
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBunker Hill Publishing Inc
- Out-of-print date31/01/2013
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Introduction byJohn Julius Norwich
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.