All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking anthology is a collection of new plays by American writers of a variety of Middle Eastern backgrounds, from artists born in Egypt and Iran, to Israeli and Palestinian Americans. These plays-written in a diversity of theatrical styles ranging from lyrical drama to satiric comedy-are personal and political, fresh and important. They represent artists negotiating the complexities of Middle Eastern identity in America, while dealing with the ravages of war and violence in their families' homelands.Included are: Ten Acrobats in an Amazing Leap of Faith by Yussef el-GuindiBetween Our Lips by Nathalie HandalNine Parts of Desire by Heather RaffoThe Black Eyed by Betty ShamiehCall Me Mehdi by Torange YeghiazarianBrowntown by Samir YounisDesert Sunrise by Misha ShulmanHolly Hill is the author of Playing Joan and Actors' Lives, published by Theatre Communications Group. A critic and feature writer published widely in the United States and United Kingdom, Hill was the former New York theater correspondent for The Times of London and the director of the Arabic Theater Project from 1997 to 2000.Dina Amin is the assistant professor of Arab Literature & Culture and Theatre at Villava University. She directs in the United States and Egypt, in Arabic and English. Amin has published in major academic journals and has translated a number of Arabic plays into English.
- PublisherTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Weight658 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDina Amin,Holly Hill
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.