All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 480 BC, the Greek and Persian fleets met in a battle in the strait between Attica and the island of Salamis. Although outnumbered, the Greeks delivered a crushing victory that ended the Persian threat to Greece. This book draws on the findings of archaeological, techlogical and naval research, as well as on original historical sources to vividly recreate one of the most important naval campaigns in world history.
- Author BiographyWilliam Shepherd studied classics at Clare College, Cambridge, in the 1960s and then embarked on a career in publishing, which finally brought him to Osprey, retiring from the position of chief executive in 2007. He is author of The Persian War (Cambridge, 1982), translated from Herodotus. He has also written reading books for children and articles in the Osprey Military Journal, of which he was joint editor, and makes regular contributions to the Osprey blog. He lives in the Cherwell Valley, north of Oxford.
- Author(s)William Shepherd
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/06/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCampaign
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 222
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight357 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Dennis
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.