Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionSalivary Gland Pathology: Diagsis and Management, Second Edition, updates the landmark text in this important discipline within oral and maxillofacial surgery, otolaryngology/head and neck surgery, and general surgery. Written by well-established clinicians, educators, and researchers in oral and maxillofacial surgery, this book brings together information on the etiology, diagsis, and treatment of all types of salivary gland pathology. Clear and comprehensive, Salivary Gland Pathology: Diagsis and Management offers complete explanation of all points, supported by a wealth of clinical and surgical illustrations to allow the reader to gain insight into every facet of each pathologic entity and its diagsis and treatment. Salivary Gland Pathology: Diagsis and Management offers comprehensive coverage of all aspects of this topic. Beginning with the embryology, anatomy and physiology of the salivary glands, the first section of the book discusses radiographic imaging, infections, cystic conditions, sialoadenitis and sialolithiasis, and systemic diseases. The second section of the book is devoted to the classification of salivary gland tumors and devotes individual chapters to the discussion of each type. Additions for this section of the second edition include molecular biology of salivary gland neoplasia, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy and targeted therapy for salivary gland malignancies. The book closes with a discussion of pediatric salivary gland pathology, traumatic injuries of the salivary glands and miscellaneous pathologic processes of the salivary glands and ducts, including a section on saliva as a diagstic fluid. The book is intended for a very diverse audience, including academic oral and maxillofacial surgeons, otolaryngologists / head and neck surgeons, general surgeons, as well as residents in these disciplines. Private practitioners will want to place this publication on the bookshelves of their offices so as to consult the textbook when evaluating a patient with salivary gland pathology.
- Author BiographyEric R. Carlson, DMD, MD, FACS, is Professor and Kelly L. Krahwinkel Chairman of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Director of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program and Director of the Oral/Head and Neck Oncologic Surgery Fellowship Program at the University of Tennessee Medical Center and Director of the Head and Neck Service at the University of Tennessee Cancer Institute, Knoxville, Tennessee. Robert A. Ord, DDS, MD, MS, FACS, FRCS, MBA is Chairman of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Maryland Medical System and Head of the Oncology Section of the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Author(s)Eric Carlson,Robert A. Ord
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication06/11/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1518 g
- Width220 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.