All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph covers the life and career of wildlife artist Sally Maxwell, a pioneer in scratchboard painting. Maxwell is credited with advancing a medium that had been for years relegated to illustrators and children. Because of her persistence and determination, thousands of artists today use scratchboard, and t only for mochromatic drawings; many have learned to add color and dimension through demonstrations and videos created by Maxwell through Ampersand. With more than one hundred plates, Maxwell's career and the evolution of scratchboard come to life. The text includes a foreword by acclaimed wildlife artist John Bavich and an astute essay by Todd Wilkinson.
- Author BiographyTodd Wilkinson has been a noted American journalist and author for thirty years, known foremost for his writing about the environment and art. With assignments taking him around the world, his work has appeared widely in publications ranging from National Geographic to the Christian Science Monitor. He is the author of the critically acclaimed Grizzly: The Bears of Greater Yellowstone and the biography Last Stand: Ted Turner's Quest to Save a Troubled Planet. He lives in Bozeman, Montana, USA.
- Author(s)Todd Wilkinson
- PublisherRose Fredrick Fine Art Publishing
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationCentennial
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRose Fredrick Fine Art Publishing
- Content Note100 colour plates
- Weight1588 g
- Width305 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byJohn Banovich
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.