All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionNow in paperback. This comprehensive book takes a fresh look at preserving. Jams and jellies, chutneys and pickles, smoked and potted meats and cured fish, cordials and alcohols, vegetables in oil, mustards and vinegars - here are recipes to fill the larder with the most delicious conserves of all kinds. Award-winning food writer Diana Henry has sourced preserves from many different cuisines, from familiar fruit jams to more unusual recipes such as Georgian plum sauce, rhubarb schnapps and Middle Eastern pickled turnips. There is expert advice and instruction on techniques where necessary - from successful smoking (without expensive equipment) to foolproof jellies. As always Diana's irresistible narrative style makes you feel she is in the kitchen with you, guiding you gently through the recipes and providing fascinating background that ranges from the traditions of wild mushroom picking in Italy, Scandinavia and Russia to Simone de Beauvoir (who compared making jam to capturing time). Preserving makes the most of seasonal ingredients and intensifies flavors wonderfully. It's also a delicious way of making everyday food special and giving friends and family something beautifully home-made. From elderflower in spring and summer tomatoes, to autumn berries and winter vodkas, the recipes in this book will provide you with season after season of wonderful preserves.
- Author BiographyDiana Henry has won numerous awards for her journalism and books and is the food columnist for The Sunday Telegraph. A Bird in the Hand received a 2016 James Beard Award, and A Change of Appetite, voted Cookbook of the Year by the Guild of Food Writers in 2015, was a James Beard Award nominee. Diana was named Cookery Writer of the Year by The Guild of Food Writers in 2009 and in 2007 for her column in the Sunday Telegraph 's Stella magazine. She is a contributor to many magazines including Eating Well, Red, House and Garden, Country Living and Waitrose Food Illustrated. Diana has written nine other books including Crazy Water Pickled Lemons, Cook Simple, Salt Sugar Smoke, and Roast Figs Sugar Snow. Her new book, Simple, publishes in September 2016. Diana lives in London with her partner and children.
- Author(s)Diana Henry
- PublisherMitchell Beazley
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width175 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.