All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis wonderful new book by local author Malcolm Hitt and local historian Gary Firth, takes a comparative peep into how Titus Salt's model industrial village has changed since acquiring the status of a World Heritage site. Images are brought together to compare and contrast changing modes of transport, employment, fashion, retailing and leisure as well as showing change from Victorian times to the new millennium in the housing and public buildings of Saltaire's historic core. The past and present photographs of Saltaire in this book are due largely to the dynamism and entrepreneurial vision shared by both Salt and Silver in this beautiful and ordered model village. One found it, the other has helped to preserve it. Saltaire Through Time will bring back fond memories of yesteryear for residents new and old, and for all those who love to visit this part of Yorkshire.
- Author BiographyLocal historian Gary Firth has written two previous books on Saltaire: 'Salt & Saltaire (2002), and 'Saltaire Through Time', published in 2010 by Amberley.
- Author(s)Gary Firth,Malcolm Hitt
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.