All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionOn approach to SFO, a passenger glancing out the window will see the vivid patchwork of the South Bay's salt evaporation ponds. After a century of industrial salt production, over ten thousand acres of this once vast marshland are w being restored to their natural state. Using a kite to fly a radio-controlled camera to heights of up to three hundred feet, photographer Cris Benton brings this much-overlooked part of the San Francisco Bay into sharp focus, highlighting one of the greatest landscape transformations underway in America. With results as unexpected as they are alluring, Benton explores the exuberant, otherworldly South Bay salt ponds and marshes in various states of restoration. He reveals saturated colors, subtle textures, and vivid patterns t discernible from the ground. We linger on the lacy elegance of salt mounds; the stark beauty of a rail line running through ripples of bay water; the softness of willets in flight.
- Author(s)Cris Benton
- PublisherHeyday Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeyday Books
- Photographer(s)Cris Benton
- Foreword byWill Travis
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.