All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe delicate flavors of salumi have captivated the senses for centuries, and have earned them a popular place as exquisite antipasti and the key ingredient in entire meals. These savory meats, including favorites such as salame, prosciutto, and coppa, reflect generations of Italian craftsmanship ready for your dining-room table and party trays. Salumi captures more than 50 delicious recipes incorporating these artisanal cured meats, accentuating the range of Italian offerings. For lunch, try a mouthwatering panini with goat cheese, arugula, roasted peppers, and salame, or pizza with pancetta, sun-dried tomatoes, red onions, and basil. Surprise your guests with a first course of polenta with salumi and raisins, and follow with a main dish of scallops wrapped with pancetta and a salad of oranges, onions, and coppa.
- Author BiographyJohn Piccetti has more than 50 years in the salumi business and is the co-owner of Columbus Salame Co. Francois Vecchio is a Swiss-born Boucher-Charcutier and consultant to chefs and other members of the food industry. He perfected his trade in Italy, France, and Germany, and has been actively re-introducing European specialties in America for 25 years.He lives in Palmer, Alaska. Joyce Goldstein is the author of numerous books including Italian Slow and Savory, Enoteca, and Cucina Ebraica. She lives in San Francisco. David Rosengarten is a two-time James Beard Award winner, cookbook author, food-and-wine writer, and television personality. He lives in New York.
- Author(s)John Piccetti,Joyce Goldstein
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication19/01/2009
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Out-of-print date10/12/2015
- Content Note51 colour photos
- Weight774 g
- Width220 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.