Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis title argues that Christian understanding of salvation is t about a future in heaven but a way of life that shapes the present. This book draws on methods in practical theology. It begins with a deep concern for the threat to the world's future created by tensions between the 'Christian West' and 'Muslim East' and considers the impact these concerns have on attitudes towards Muslims in the West both within and outside of Christianity. Salvation as Praxis argues that a Christian understanding of salvation is t simply about a hope for the future in heaven, but about a way of life that shapes the present and works for a better future in this world. The book argues that such ways of thinking about salvation must be given greater prominence when thinking about inter-faith questions. In practice, that should lead the Christian community, in solidarity with their Muslim brothers and sisters, to engage in radical transformative action to make the world a safer and better place for all its inhabitants.
- Author BiographyDr Wayne Morris is Senior Lecturer in Christian Theology at the University of Chester, UK. He has widely written in the field of practical theology.
- Author(s)Wayne Morris
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/12/2013
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Weight522 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.