Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThere are more active practitioners and teachers of psychodrama in Brazil than anywhere else in the world, with their own strong sense of community, history and tradition. In selecting and translating their 'best work' (Adam Blatner), Zoltan Figusch offers international readers an extensive overview of the work being done using this psychotherapeutic method, which enables participants to examine relationships, emotions, fears and conflicts through spontaneous role-play and improvisations with other 'actors' and with the practitioner. Divided into the three parts, the book sets the context for Brazilian psychodrama, explores the creative and invative work that is being done, and presents observations and examples of the full range of psychodramatic techniques and practical applications. It covers the range of exciting and pioneering work being carried out in Brazil, and will serve as a building block for the exchange and communication of psychodramatic ideas and techniques cross-culturally. The first comprehensive volume of its kind on this subject, Sambadrama will be an invaluable resource and of immense interest for psychodrama practitioners around the world, as well as anyone with an interest in psychotherapy, psychology and sociology.
- Author BiographyZoltan Figusch is a clinical and educational psychologist; BPA and UKCP registered psychodrama practitioner and associate member of the Sao Paulo Psychodrama Society. He trained at the Northern School of Psychodrama (UK), after which he lived and worked for two years in Sao Paulo, Brazil. At present, Zoltan is working as a psychodrama psychotherapist in Manchester, UK. He has also translated several other books on psychotherapy.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication16/12/2005
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byZoltan Figusch
- Translated byZoltan Figusch
- Foreword byAdam Blatner,Jose Fonesca
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.