Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $14.26
About this product
- DescriptionAfter fifty years of living on the family farm, identical twins and Norwegian bachelor farmers Lars and Thor Bjerke auction off the milk cows and discover that life might be passing them by. With enthusiasm, the twins endeavor to expand their horizons and embrace new experiences, like dating. But a bolt of lightning and near-death cause them to ponder the very meaning of life. Naturally, the Bjerkes buy a circus tent and venture from their idyllic farmstead in southern Wisconsin to the wilderness of North Dakota, home of Salem Sue, the largest cow in the world, where they hold a revival complete with beer, brats, and a polka band. Like a yodeling polka lyric, the adventures of Lars and Thor are layered with raw humor riding wildly over intriguing subtle nuances. Like a good sausage, the narrative is short, clean, and tightly packed. Like a good beer, the story is refreshing and likely to leave a pleasant aftertaste. As it was with Einstein, the Bjerke twins start out looking for something to do and end up trying to figure out how everything works. Well, t exactly like Einstein. It is the same thing, only different.
- Author(s)F R Bentley
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.