CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book recounts the personal WW II experiences of four participants in their very own words. The three American and one German shared many similar and, at the same time, very different experiences. The fighting units of the 82nd Airborne (Sobus) and 23rd Infantry (Robinson) contrast with the support provided by the Special Services Company (Foertschbeck). All four men entered the service, American and German, with a sense of loyalty and duty. All served horably. As the war in Europe was coming to a close three had thoughts of coming home and then going to Japan to finish the job. The fourth, Hertrich, was captured by the Russians in Hungary and was a prisoner in a labor camp until November 1949.
- Author BiographyJohn H. Foertschbeck, Sr., was born and raised in Southeast Baltimore, MD. Educated in parochial schools, Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mt. St. Joseph's High School in Baltimore, MD., John developed an interest in writing and history early in his youth focusing on his family's German heritage, Native American culture and history, and local history. John retired from Federal service as a project manager in January 1996 after 38 years service. After retiring from Federal service, John worked as an independent IT consultant until December 2001. Since fully retiring he has devoted his time to his family and many special projects including writing. He self-published Woodbine on the B & O in Nov. 2008. John and his wife, Josie, have lived in Woodbine, MD since 1968 and currently enjoy spending time with their four children and eight grand children. John enjoys traveling and has visited all 50 states and traveled extensively through Germany.
- Author(s)John Foertschbeck
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication04/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.