All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRising China and emerging India are becoming major maritime powers. As they build large navies to secure their growing interests, both nations are roiling the waters of the Indo-Pacific --the vast littoral stretching from Africa to Australasia. Invoking a tale from Hindu mythology -- Samudra Manthan or to churn the ocean --C. Raja Mohan tells the story of a Si-Indian rivalry spilling over from the Great Himalayas into the Indian and Pacific Oceans. He examines the prospects of mitigating the tensions and constructing a stable Indo-Pacific order. America, the dominant power in the area, is being drawn into the unfolding Si-Indian competition. Despite the huge differences in the current naval capabilities of China, India, and the United States, Mohan argues that the three countries are locked in a triangular struggle destined to mould the future Indo-Pacific.
- Author BiographyC. Raja Mohan heads the strategic studies program at the Observer Research Foundation in Delhi, India. He is a columnist on foreign affairs for one of India's leading English dailies, Indian Express , a non-resident senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, and a visiting research professor at the Institute of South Asian Studies, National University of Singapore. Mohan has published widely and his books include Crossing the Rubicon: The Shaping of India's New Foreign Policy (2004) and Impossible Allies: Nuclear India, United States and the Global Order (2006).
- Author(s)C. Raja Mohan
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication12/10/2012
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCarnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.