All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's the capital and most populous city in Puerto Rico and the second-oldest European-established fort in the Americas. San Juan Bautista de Puerto Rico--San Juan--was established in 1508 and has been an important port ever since. See how this culturally rich city has changed, and how it has remained the same in San Juan Then and Now. View stunning then and w photographs of such landmarks as the seaside fortress Castillo del Morro, the mid-nineteenth century military barracks Cuartel del Ballaja, and Casa Blanca, the seaside home that was built for city founder Juan Ponce de Leon in 1521. Complete with an illuminating historical overview, the history of this vibrant seaside city comes to life in in this impressive pictorial of the old and the new.
- Author BiographyOscar Hernandez is a Puerto Rican journalist working in London. He was an editorial contributor to Puerto Rico Remembered (2009), the book that showcased an amazing vintage collection of color photos of the island from the 1940s and 1950s. He also edited and contributed to the revised Puerto Rico Then and Now (2012).
- PublisherAdvantage Publishers Group
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleThen & Now (Thunder Bay Press)
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdvantage Publishers Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width246 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byOscar Hernandez
- Photographer(s)Theo Hopkinson
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.